Monday, February 4, 2008

My visit to the computer school


My visit to the computer school

When I arrived on Buduburam Camp newly, I did not know computer. I only used to hear the name from people who had seen, touched and used it before. I and my mother used to listen to people who had used it as they talk about the way it is used. It was my wish to use computer one day. I and my mother really used to wonder how computer really functions. My mother sometimes asks people whether there is a human being within computer who performs the work it does. The establishment of internet cafe and computer school on the Refugee Camp cleared my doubt a lot!! My first time to touch computer was the time when Tina took me to a computer school which belongs to her uncle. I was very happy when Tina promised to take me to her uncle's computer school because I wanted to use our visit to really see computer and touch it as well. Before going to the computer school, I informed my mother about our visit to the computer school and she was so excited for me to go there. The following day, when we got in the school, Tina introduced me to her uncle. After Tina's introduction, the real business began. She went strictly to the point. There is something in your school that is so precious to my friend, Maibel which she has been wishing to touch, see and use one day until the world can come to an end. People in our community had talked about it a lot to her but she wants to see for herself. I have told her lot concerning it, but she is not satisfied, said Tina. Tina's uncle could not comprehend what she was aiming at. Please be bold and precise and tell me the purpose of your visit and stop wasting my precious time, said Tina's uncle-Mr. Kabo. My friend, Maibel wants to know more about computer and use it if possible. This is her first time to see computer, said Tina. The shameful part of it is, Tina did not tell her uncle in secret but infront of the students. When Tina ended, all the students laughed for a while. I was too shame but there is nothing I could do because I wanted to know so that my doubt can be cleared. Mr. Kabo gave me a seat which has a computer infront of it and started explaining some of the parts of computer to me. I was taught for an hour. I felt relief and happy after my first time to be educated about computer. When we returned home, I told my mother about Tina's uncle being hospitable to me and my mother extended thanks and appreciations to Tina for taking me to her uncle's computer school. I also told my mother how shameful it was when Tina told her uncle that I have not touched or seen a computer before. Do not be shame when you are seeking for knowledge, said my mother. I visited Mr. Kabo's computer school for a week and at the end of the day, I was able to learn something good about computer. It was in that school I learnt how to use the internet as well. The first time I used the computer was like I was in heaven. What a great experience!!

No comments: